From the shores of the Pacific Ocean in Hawaii to the Atlantic coast of Florida, there are countless active adult communities that provide safe, active, and assisted living for senior adults. It is not an easy task to select five from such an extensive list and it is even harder because the interests as well as the needs of people differ so greatly. The good news is that regardless of what your own particular needs and wants might be there is one that will make your list as the top in the country. The following list is my top five Active Adult Communities in the United State.
* Saddle Brooke in Tucson, Arizona. This Arizona active adult community is one of several in the Robson chain located in Arizona and Texas. It is located near the art and culture of Tucson, Arizona, and features a 36 hole golf facility. It is also close to restaurants and shopping, and has a fitness center and several pools onsite.
* Osprey Cove in the St. Mary’s River Basin of Georgia. This Georgia active adult community features a view of Georgia’s vast tidal marshland. Money Magazine called Osprey Cove the “number one small town in America.” The community features a year round championship golf course designed by Mark McCumber.
* Island Pointe in Merrit Island, Florida. This Florida active adult community features condos with six different floor plans overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway. The Recreation center has basketball courts, tennis courts, a heated swimming pool, and a sauna.
* Beach Villas at Ko Olina, Hawaii. Located on the western side of Honolulu, Hawaii, this beachfront active adult community is the dream come true tropical paradise. It is on the famed Wainanae coast, and features everything one would expect from a Hawaiian beach resort. The rooms all feature natural wood and natural colors that invoke the spirit of the islands and of the sea.
* Yosemite Gardens in Clovis, California. This California active adult community is located near Yosemite National Park, and is famous for the food service that makes it seem more like a fancy restaurant than a retirement community. It has a full variety of social and outdoor activities available, and offers assisted living homes as well as independent living homes.
Your list may differ widely, but these are certainly among the top communities in the country. It would be hard to top them for the richness of the living experience they provide or the beauty of the area around them.